Stop Smoking with Hypnosis: 10 Reasons and 10 Ways to Quit Smoking
For Calgary smokers and those anywhere, a smoking addiction can be more powerful than addictions to illegal drugs. Though society has created stigmas around smoking, there is still a level of permissibility which can make it more difficult to quit.
If you are reading this then you already have your reasons to quit smoking. Maybe a lot of your Calgary friends have quit smoking and are wondering why you are having such a hard time to do the same. Don’t be hard on your self, ex-smokers are not all the same and the successful ones were successful because they found a method that worked for them.
10 Ways to Quit Smoking
- First, you need a reason or many reasons to quit smoking. List your reasons on a piece of paper and carry it around with you.
- Hypnotherapy can help you quit smoking – that’s what this website is about (click the link to learn more).
- Have a support group of friends and family who know you are trying to quit.
- Avoid places where people smoke.
- Know your triggers – do certain activities make you want to smoke?
- Be prepared for the trigger – what’s your plan of action when you want to smoke?
- Think about trying alternatives to smoking such as drinking water, a candy, or talk to your doctor about nicotine gum or lozenges.
- Look at your lifestyle, is smoking a form of self medication for depression? Consider lifestyle changes such as diet, exercise, and your sleep patterns.
- Acupuncture is effective for some.
- Cold turkey – just sweet it out, be grumpy for those couple days of cravings, and get on with life.
What ever method you use, make sure you use the help of a trained professional to make sure you are not doing more harm than good when finding a replacement for smoking.